Hi all, the best way to Thursdoid this week is probably to list a few of the things that went into the internal build this week. So here we go…
We had been waiting for the animations build to resize cars, due to the difference in size between our old and new character models. Yuri has now done some magic, and readjusted the physics – so now the in-game vehicles look like this. Which, we reckon, is a nice improvement.
Now Yuri is tweaking his water effects, adjusting the intensity of their outlines and improving the banks of rivers, while also looking to improve the vehicle saving system so (very rare) events of car loss can be eradicated.
New animations tied into the new system include: applying bandages and taking pills.
[Traditional disclaimer: work in progress! Improved/sharper character models seen in previous blogs not yet in main test build!]
Also, digging graves and pouring contents from bottles out onto the ground. Allowing you to pour one out for your homies, if you so choose.
Other note of interest added to the internal build – beyond an awful lot of debug improvements, rendering stuff and engine work beyond the comprehension of the blog writer- includes:
- Fixed not being able to ripsheets, issues when running with a gun, holes in backpacks, gas masks having hair.
- Clothing: Added padded jacket and poncho having hood up or down. Added survivalist outfit.
- Added seed bag so seeds didn’t have to take up a whole cupboard with the new loot system. Safehouse looting/Survivor cache also now uses the system.
- Crowbar is now a 2 hand weapon.
- Fixed Drink Tap Water anim not working.
- All connected parts of double-doors and garage-doors now shake together when hit.
- Added reversible baseball cap.
- Added a hunter’s vest – which also looks like a fisherman’s vest.
- Fixed zombies sometimes dying twice from hits, and fake-dead zombies auto-dying after performing their attack.
- Fixed lighting on fake-dead zombies. Fixed player not climbing over a wall when standing in a bush/tree. Fixed gun sound playing when shoving with a gun equipped.
- Sim-style cutaway optimizations and general improvements.
- New lake, river and puddle shaders added to main internal build.
This week’s book shop calamity from Fixer. A general list of stuff added to PZ, and vids of features being worked on, is kept here – so you don’t have to plough through endless dev blogs for info. The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ MailingList that can send blogs like this and patch notes direct to your mailbox. We also live on Twitter right here! Our Discord is open for chat and hijinks too.