Greetings zed-watchers. Quick blog today but it’s accompanied by an update to the IWBUMS Build 41 beta.
Version 41.34 is out now, and amongst other things it contains:
- Added a full decay for zombie corpses: they go from stage to stage until disappearing totally
- Adjusted melee anims. Added a new slow when swinging (only when going backward) for 2 handed, 1 handed & knife
- Added visible wounds on upper torso of character
- Added new vehicle stories
- Added fuel timer to campfires and other fuel items
- Added ability to tie the bandana RAMBO style
- Added ability to use bandana as a mask
- Added ability to hold umbrella
- Added ability to hold a torch/flashlight in your hand
- Added Garden Saw.
- Cruise control. Press Shift + W to start/increase it. Shift + S to decrease it. Braking will stop it, and Shift+W will resume the set speed.
- Stealth improvements: Increased range for jawstab of some knives. Player will raise their left hand if close enough to jaw stab. New jawstab from behind (player & zombie).
- Hair dyes. Regular color will be found in bathroom, some others in a hair salon. You can dye your hair & beard separately , just right click the hair dye bottle.
- Added “Font Size” Display option.
- Buffed the current flashlight, and added torch which is a lighter version of the current flashlight.Battery now weighs 0.1 instead of 0.6. Increased torch/battery spawn rate.
- Balance: Tweaked junk and clutter loot. Increased painkillers active time. Added option to Wash clothes with a full Bucket/Cooking pot and Soap in inventory
- Fixes to: day/night active zombies. Zombie spawn in large structures like the mall. Mannequin rendering. Spawning in dangerous safehouses. Zombies auto-turning. Bloooo. Fishing with traps not giving XP. Challenges running on Survival settings. Winter is Coming not having enough deep winter. A bunch of other stuff.
In team news we are also delighted to be welcoming General Arcade’s Andrei to the team on this coming Monday, who will be aiding Zac and the ‘MP Godfather’ Mark in their quest for Build 41 anims integration. We believe that an extra pair of hands will be hugely beneficial in the process of finally getting MP into the hands of our survivor community and also kicking the final polished Build 41 out of the door to public.
Oh, and here’s a quick vid that Yuri made of him debugging fire spread in his branch.
Many thanks everyone, and please keep safe in these difficult times.
This week’s warehouse base from Jimmi Mongoose. A general list of stuff added to PZ, and vids of features being worked on, is kept here – so you don’t have to plough through endless dev blogs for info. The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ Mailing List that can send blogs like this and patch notes direct to your mailbox. We also live on Twitter right here! Our Discord is open for chat and hijinks too!