Hey all, here’s the current work going on for upcoming builds.
- Primary work on the vehicles beta is something of a bug blitz – with Vehicles Beta Build 35 will be released early tomorrow to community testers. This version includes more varied car spawns and car colours, the new Mechanic Skill overlay being interacted with via RMB, controller support for remaining aspects of the vehicles UI and new debug scenario options to help both devs and modders in testing. Amidst a bunch of issues/bugs being fixed – including (hopefully) the most notable Spiffospace crashes and the annoying flickering container issue.
- The public Spiffospace server remains open for community bug hunting, and once it’s clear that Vehicles Beta Build 35 is stable we’ll be running a Community Megatest to flush extra issues out into the open. As ever free PZ codes will be available to those who join in. So keep an eye on the forums for when we fire the starting gun.
- While Yuri sorts out server crashes spotlit on Spiffospace and Tim mows through general bugs, alongside his general balance/UI work RJ is also looking into adding a few extra car models to the existing vehicle roster – now that it’s a relatively simple and existing process. Currently on the production line are a more luxury car, and our take on something that looks a bit Jeep/4×4 ish – though the latter needs a little more work from Martin as its curved hood/grill makes it look a bit too vintage.
- Connall continues his mission of adding foraging/town zones to the vast swathes of countryside introduced in Mash’s new map sections that’s intended to fit in the gaps between West Point / Riverside and March Ridge / Rosewood. Zoning is pretty dull, but he isn’t moaning too much. He’s also brought foraging/forest zones a lot closer to Riverside cental, as it was clear that folk were struggling in that regard with the latest PZ map addition. Once he’s done the new map will be added to the Vehicles beta build (complete with mailboxes for Riverside, mailbox and skill magazine fans).
- Bitbaboon Mark continues to nix bugs from the animation system so it’s ready for when the vehicle builds are finished off – with his current focus being making sure everything is initialized correctly on load. His colleague Steve, meanwhile, is finishing off his new vehicle sound system – after which he’ll be looking into improving memory use, lag and general optimization in the vehicles build.
- General Arcade’s Stas continues his work on the new MP chat box – this week taking the PZ in-game radio system into account, on top of Faction and Safehouse chat. He’s also been consulting with the team about the best ways to make it all look good and in-keeping with the rest of the Zomboid UI.
This week’s death-based forward-planning from Just a Robber. A general list of stuff added to PZ, and vids of features being worked on, is kept here – so you don’t have to plough through endless dev blogs for info. The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ Mailing List that can send blogs like this and patch notes direct to your mailbox. We also live on Twitter right here! Our Discord is open for chat and hijinks too. Fanks!