IMPORTANT: If Build 35 fails to start on your machine then please check this thread. Steam may have failed to install the required VC Redist 2015 file.
Build 35 is here, and has a huge changelist. You can view it in its entirety here. The highlights are, however, listed below.
We anticipate balance and loot tweaks that will be made from player feedback in the coming days. Build 35 will be released on non-Steam platforms after the initial patching process has ended.
Work on other systems such as anims/combat/clothing continues, but the large amount of additions already in the beta test of Build 35 made it sensible to release before the holiday season – this release is separate to the animation branch and will not impact on its arrival time.
We anticipate that multi-tile object movement will go into a brief period of public testing next week before being merged into the main build.
Huge thanks go out to our friends at General Arcade for working on the VOIP aspect of this build.
Many thanks. Enjoy!
ROSEWOOD, MARCH POINT AND ROSEWOOD PRISON COMPLEX
- Visit the new towns of Rosewood and March Point, the farmland in-between and the vast Rosewood prison complex.
- New buildings include court house, fire station, shopping areas, new police station, community centre, residential areas and military apartment buildings.
- New profession-based player spawn locations in and around the town of Rosewood
- New map tiles, furniture, decoration and building styles
LOCATION-BASED VOIP IN MP
- Lets you talk directly to your co-op friends, and survivors you meet on MP servers.
- Player voices can be heard when in ‘audible’ distance from other characters on the map.
- VOIP available in ‘Press to Talk’, ‘Voice Activated’ and ‘Listen Only’ flavours, and accessed in the Options menu.
- Metalwork crafting – weld metal sheets to create metal barricades, or put bars in windows
- Metalwork profession and skills.
- Multiple stage building to combine metalwork and carpentry skills.
- Building now utilises items from inside bags carried by survivor.
- Objects on the map can now be deconstructed to obtain materials if player has correct tools and skills.
- Safehouse UI to claim buildings, change ownership and see connected players
- Formable factions, with a visible four character tag above survivors – should they choose to show it.
- Melee PvP disabled between faction-members
WILDERNESS MAP IMPROVEMENTS
- ‘Tree noise’ to automatically improve/randomise wilderness areas of the map.
- Big trees in forested areas.
RADIO/TV COMMUNITY TRANSLATIONS
- Community Translations of Radio/TV narrative content in French, Polish, Spanish, Russian and Turkish.
- Radio/TV content and timelines now operate in-line with narrative tool WordZed, which has been released to the community.
FOOD AND NUTRITION REVAMP
- Realistic nutritional values that see your character impacted by what he/she eats and their physical activity.
- Visible nutritional information on food items with labels
- Added associated professions and traits
NEW MP ADMIN FRAMEWORK
- Hugely improved player activity log system
- Admin panel to goven players, safehouses etc
- TransactionID savescumming prevention update
- Warning point system
- Admin abilities to check/modify player stats: add/remove XP, change displayed name, heal etc
- Server access level ranks for admin staff
- Ability for admin to easily create non-PvP zones on the map
- Player names decoupled from usernames
- Zombies more attracted to house lighting at night.
- Night Events. Zombie activity can result in safehouse incursions should it be left unsecured while sleeping.
- Alarm clocks and watch alarms are now used to wake up survivors. Tired survivors might wake up late without them.
- Character will struggle to sleep when in pain, so should take painkillers or sleeping pills.
- Anxious characters might wake up early, or even in the middle of the night.
- Quality of sleep now impacted by where player chooses to rest
COMMUNITY REQUEST SPLURGE
- Composting – rotting food can be placed in a crafted composter to create crop fertilizer
- ‘Container’ items weight reduces the more they are used (water bottles, gas cans etc.) and can be combined.
- Pots and bowls fill with water in rain
- Zombies can tear down sheet ropes.
- Wet items dry over time.
- More realistic tea and coffee making (!)
- Paint all interior walls and wooden furniture
- First aid equipment automatically used by First Aid panel
- Smoker trait
- Various other things
- Selected loot container now highlighted
- ‘Transfer All’ button when looting
- New tutorials and updated tooltips
- Ability to ‘favourite’ items to highlight them and prevent them from being dropped
- ‘Windows Explorer’ Inventory improvements. Shift selects a sequence of items, Ctrl lets you selected different individual items.
- New Skill books (First Aid, Metalwork)
- New world-filler visuals
- Park Ranger and Lumberjack walk faster through forest
- General balance to loot locations, traits, fall damage, fatigue, recipe requirements, weights, fatigue, endurance, happiness, poisoning, generator fuel usage and XP.
- Loads and loads of bug fixes